Monday, November 10, 2008

religion and collaboration

I had a very interesting night tonight. I got into a religious debate with one of my co-workers. Now, when I say this I mean to say that we were arguing about the Darwin and Biblical versions of history. Which, I know, is a pointless debate but this co-worker of mine kept thinking that there was no possible way that Darwin's theory was correct. He was way too high strung where God and Creation were concerned if you ask me, but I realize that there are these respectable reverent types in the world and it is perfectly okay for people to feel that way. I just feel that people should be able to believe what they want to believe in terms of religion. Heck, that's the reason there are so many different religions in the world.
Anyhoo...getting on to my assignment: collaboration tools. The use of collaboration tools is to make a website out of a document of some sort instead of making different copies of the same document and send it to others. The collaboration tool that I used is called Google Docs and one of the best advantages of this site is to be able to make a document into a website that you can have easy access to and can restrict others from viewing it, making it much different from a blog. A collaboration tool such as Google Docs can be very helpful in do projects for school, since you can put presentations and powerpoints on Google Docs as well. So instead of giving your professor a copy of your presentation in the old-fashioned way, you could just give them a site and password and they would be on their way. I suppose you could use this feature if you were writing a book and didn't want everyone to see it and only wanted a couple close friends to see the site. That should cover things for now. This is Soneji, and I'll post again in a week.

No comments: